In recent years, we have seen an increase in the number of men and women who want to increase the size of their lips. Lip augmentation and lip fillers are the two best options for this, and each has distinct benefits.
What is Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation is a type of enhancement procedure that relies on silicone implants to add shape and volume to the lips. The implants are made with an outer silicone shell that is pre-filled with a specific amount of silicone gel. This design preserves the soft texture of the lips.
What to Expect from Lip Augmentation
Lip augmentation with implants is performed by making incisions at each corner of your mouth or along the border of the lower lip. The implant is inserted through the incision and positioned to create the desired effect. This is considered a long-term lip augmentation technique and the implants can be removed at any time should you change your mind or want a different implant size.
What are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are dermal fillers that are injected into the lips to add volume. The injections are performed in a way that carefully sculpts the lip shape. Lip injections can also be used to correct any asymmetry in the lips, as well as to soften vertical lip lines. The fillers last several months or longer.
What to Expect from Lip Fillers
Lip fillers are non-surgical, so no incisions are needed. The products are injected into the skin using very small needles. We use multiple injection sites to ensure a consistent and natural appearance.
Which is Better for Me – Lip Augmentation or Lip Fillers?
The best type of lip enhancement is very personalized, so here are some considerations.
- Do you want the longest lasting results possible? Choose lip implants.
- Do you have extremely thin lips? Lip fillers may work best for you.
- Do you mind some downtime? Lip implants may work for you.
- Do you want to avoid scars? Lip injections are non-surgical and produce no scarring.
- Do you want an option that is completely customizable to your desires? Choose lip injections.
- Are you uncertain about how much to enhance your lips? Try lip fillers. If you like the size and shape, you can have lip implants.
- Is cost a factor? Lip injections have lower initial costs, but you will need periodic maintenance treatments.
Have Questions About Lip Augmentation and Lip Fillers? Contact Connecticut Surgical Arts.
If you have questions about lip augmentation and lip fillers, or if you are ready to enhance your lips with one of these procedures, contact Connecticut Surgical Arts to schedule a consultation. We explain each option in detail and help you decide if lip augmentation or a lip filler is best for you.